Support our local businesses
You don’t have to spend very much to make a difference to a local business. And for every £1 spent locally, about 63p stays in the local economy.
The past five years have been particularly tough with the havoc wreaked by Covid-19 and lockdowns, the ripple effects of Brexit and the economic downturn affecting everyone’s pockets. We are now paying more tax than at any time since 1948, and price inflation is still above 9%. Coupled with the meteoric rise of 24×7 internet shopping and the decline of high streets, small businesses are in a challenging economic situation. And here in North Wales, where we are a largely rural economy with key dependencies on tourism and agriculture, times are hard.
Reasons to shop local
- Spending locally will help to boost the local economy
- It’s an ethical choice because produce is more likely to be fresh and seasonal and to have travelled fewer food miles
- You may get a better deal, good practical advice or fantastic customer service. It is not always as easy to get from a big chain
- You will be supporting small local businesses. Did you know that in Conwy County alone, 73% of local businesses employ just 0-4 people?
- It’s a dab of sticky social glue, helping to bring local communities together.
Keeping It Local provides a professional local business listing service for North Wales small businesses. Helping them to list online allows local businesses to compete and thrive in an online world by signposting their services. By encouraging people across North Wales businesses to go local and support local businesses, we are creating a social glue that binds our communities together and boosts our regional economy.
If you run a small business in North Wales, no matter how small, list it with Keeping It Local. Reach more customers online, Prices start from just £4 a month.
#shoplocal #supportlocalbusiness #lovewhereyoulive