The future is buzzing for Felin Honey here in North Wales. Bees are so [...]
For every £1 spent with a local business, 63p stays in the local economy
A statistic worth taking note of. And with Covid-19, the impact of austerity measures and budget cuts, coupled with the rise of 24×7 internet shopping, we are in a challenging economic situation. Keeping It Local looks to put time, effort and money into supporting local businesses to help them to stay viable. #Lovelocal #lovewhereyoulive.
Five reasons to love local:
- Spending locally will help to boost the local economy
- An ethical choice – produce is more likely to be fresh and seasonal and to have travelled fewer food miles
- You may get a better deal, some good practical advice or fantastic customer service – not always as easy to get from a big chain
- You will be supporting small businesses – did you know that in Conwy County alone, 73% of local businesses employing just 0-4 people.
- It’s a spot of social glue, helping to bring local communities together.
Keeping It Local provides a professional platform to local businesses. Showing local residents what is right there in their doorstep and encouraging them, as long as the service or product is quality, to make use of them. By keeping it local, we can all contribute towards our regional economy, creating the social glue to bind our communities together.
Supplying vegetable boxes to homes across North Wales packed with fresh, seasonal produce.
This campsite & bunkhouse a simply wonderful base to stay at & explore from.
Quality plants, first-class horticultural advice, award winning restaurant and a community hub.
A timeless haven and one of Penmaenawr's best kept secrets.