The future is buzzing for Felin Honey here in North Wales. Bees are so [...]
We should all support local businesses
You don’t have spent very much to make a difference to a local business. And for every £1 spent locally, about 63p stays in the local economy. Havoc is being wreaked by Covid-19 and the impact of budget cuts. Coupled with the rise of 24×7 internet shopping, small businesses are in a challenging economic situation.
Keeping It Local supports local businesses by helping them list online, allowing them to compete and thrive.
Reasons to shop local
- Spending locally will help to boost the local economy
- An ethical choice – produce is more likely to be fresh and seasonal and to have travelled fewer food miles
- You may get a better deal, some good practical advice or fantastic customer service. Not always as easy to get from a big chain
- You will be supporting small local businesses. Did you know that in Conwy County alone, 73% of local businesses employ just 0-4 people?
- It’s a dab of sticky social glue, helping to bring local communities together.
Keeping It Local provides a professional online platform for any local North Wales businesses. By helping local business to list online, it allows them to compete in an online world. Many consumers use the internet to find products and services that they want to use and buy. Keeping It Local shows local residents what is right there in their doorstep and encourages them to use them. And can help them to discover local businesses which they can use on a regular basis.
By encouraging people to discover local businesses and to go local, we can all contribute towards our regional economy. And we can create the social glue to bind our communities together.
#Lovelocal #lovewhereyoulive #shoplocal
Newborough to Llangefni traffic-free cycle track.
Supplying vegetable boxes to homes across North Wales packed with fresh, seasonal produce.
This campsite & bunkhouse a simply wonderful base to stay at & explore from.
Quality plants, first-class horticultural advice, award winning restaurant and a community hub.
A timeless haven and one of Penmaenawr's best kept secrets.
A true North Wales secret, this is a must-do for garden lovers